Environ Cool Peel is one of the safest and most effective facial peeling treatments available, as the peeling agent we use has a low concentration of lactic acid. Active vitamins are introduced to the skin via iontophoresis during the Algi mask phase of the treatment. In this way the Cool Peel treatment removes the build-up of dead skin cells and helps to decongest the outer skin layers and smooth its texture, as well as boosting hydration, creating tighter and glowing skin.
It’s especially recommended for…
- Anyone with rough or problem skin (ongoing acne or pimples)
- Open pores
- Lines and wrinkles, or blemishes caused by sun damage
More information about Lactic acid and how it works on the skin are here.
I’d now like to talk about the procedure of the Environ Cool Peel itself!
〇 With the initial consultation, we’ll check your physical and skin condition, medical history, allergies etc and ask about your main concerns and expectations in order to tailor-make your bespoke treatment.
① Cleansing – removing any impurities (including make-up removal, skin cleansing, deep cleansing and toning) ※ Not using facial steam as we apply the peeling agent (Lactic acid) instead.
② Peeling active treatment – we apply a layer of lactic acid peeling gel. The time, length and thickness of the peeling solution all depend upon your skin condition. (10-20 mins)
③ Algi Mask with iontophoresis, to soothe the skin as well as penetrating the active vitamin solution to boost skin function. (15mins)
※ Alginate Mask…a seaweed mineral extract, sodium alginate cools and soothes the skin. It also works as a conductor for iontophoresis, to enhance the penetration.
④ During the mask, we’ll give you a relaxing hand or foot massage.
⑤ Final stage (Toning, Moisturising, SPF)
〇 Please relax with a herbal tea after the treatment!
A full course of facial treatments is strongly recommended to get satisfying results for your specific problems or concerns. Environ home care products are advised to combine with the professional salon treatments, as they enhance effectiveness and work quicker.
Unfortunately the Cool Peel treatment is not suitable for those of you with any of the following conditions :
- Skin not adequately prepared on Vitamin A for 3 weeks – Please read here for more details
- Roaccutane – avoid for 6-12 months
- Recent micro dermabrasion, dermabrasion or laser resurfacing treatment
- Waxing or extractions are not recommended 10 days before or after peeling
- Excessive sun exposure, including sun-bed users
- Diabetes or other major illnesses, doctors consent required
- Current radiation treatment
- Skin diseases e.g. Porphyria