Let’s look at how to make an anti-aging balm using the same method as we did for our all-purpose skin healing salve!
I made use of the natural pink color of St John’s Wort Oil.
Also, pomegranate oil is added because it’s excellent for the skin’s anti-aging effect, blending with essential oils – mainly fragrant flowers such as rose and jasmine – to finish into a balm that enhances femininity.
- Shea butter (13ml)
- St John’s Wort oil (5ml)
- Pomegranate oil (5ml)
- Beeswax (1 ml)
- Essential oil:
- Bergamot (2 drops)
- Lavender (1 drop)
- Rose (1 drop)
- Palmarosa (1 drop)
- Geranium (1 drop)
- Jasmine (1 drop)
- Put the shea butter, St John’s Wort oil, pomegranate oil and beeswax in a container and warm until it melts.
- Once the mix has melted, add essential oils and mix well.
- Put in a container and wait until it solidifies (about half a day).
- As a moisturizing night cream
- For removing make-up and cleansing the skin
- As a massage balm
- For relaxation (you can apply to the decollete and chest)
- Hand roughness and nail care
It also contains the anti-inflammatory shea butter and St John’s Wort oil, so is effective for rough skin and redness.
However, since St. John’s Wort and Bergamot essential oils have a photo-sensitization, it’s better to refrain from using them in places that are exposed to the sun during the day.