The Ka-Huna massage is a sacred therapeutic Hawaiian body massage.
This massage gives you deeper relaxation than a conventional massage, and your emotions will feel nurtured and balanced.
Ka-Huna massage is most beneficial for anyone who suffers from mental or emotional stress, insomnia or exhaustion.
It’s also for anyone who’d like to try a new style of massage!
- Ann-Mari is our special massage therapist for Hawaiian style bodywork!
Ann Mari is especially passionate about the Hawaiian healing massage.
She trained in Ka-Huna body work and the Lomi Lomi massage in Australia. She developed her massage techniques with a holistic approach, aiming to help her clients rebalance themselves physically, mentally and emotionally.
- Please note
- Tuesdays only for Ka-Huna massage. Please contact us if you’d like another day of the week.
- Ka-Huna massage is quite different from other massages. It is done on a PVC sheet (rather than a cotton one), to enable “underbody work” to be done, when both sides of the body are massaged simultaneously.
- We provide disposable underwear that allows for the gluteus muscles to be massaged, and so doesn’t cover the gluteus. You will also be covered by a small towel and a sarong.
- If you don’t like using the disposable ones, you are welcome to wear your own. However, it is likely that some oil will get on them, so be aware of this.
- Massage oil uses organic coconut oil. If you don’t like the scent of coconut, please let us know in advance so we can prepare unscented oil.
- The massage uses a lot of oil. Although we will prepare a towel for wiping the body after the treatment, please don’t wear your best clothes on the day to avoid getting leftover oil on them.