Coconut oil is widely considered to be an effective ingredient for hair care, both on scientific grounds and from my own personal experience.
Today, I would like to introduce a recipe for hair care balm using coconut oil, one that I have used myself for many years!
Universal Hair Balm with Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon heaped coconut oil (see above)
- Essential oil (dilution ratio about 3%)
- Rosemary (9 drops)
- Frankincense (3 drops)
- Patchouli (1 drop)
The rosemary essential oil aids the hair growth effect and cognitive performance. In order to make the rosemary aroma stand out from the fragrance of the coconut oil, Frankincense and patchouli can be added to adjust the balance.
- Melt the coconut oil.
- Add the essential oils to the melted coconut oil and mix well.
- Place into a jar and leave until it has solidified.
- As hair treatment material.
Let’s make an oil pack for the hair to use before shampooing, especially if you are concerned about dry or damaged hair. After washing your hair you will see the condition quickly improve.
- Appropriate amount (1 teaspoon for short hair). Take it in your hand to melt it at body temperature, then gently apply to the hair by ‘hand-combing’ from the tip of the hair towards the root. It will be even better if you use a comb too.
- Leave for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Afterwards, shampoo and condition as you would normally, then dry with towel and/or hair dryer.
I think that you will really be able to feel the change in your hair condition. The added nutrition and moisture will make your hair feel alive again!
- As a styling agent.
Take a small amount and softly apply it to the tips of the hair and any dry or damaged parts. Remember to apply only a small amount so that the hair does not get sticky.
It will give your hair a smooth, glossy feeling.
Personally, I love the scent of coconut! Even without using the essential oil, coconut oil alone will have enough effect. However, please refer to the essential oils recommended for hair care mentioned in this article.