DIY skin-brightening mask with Tanaka powder and RICE FORCE oil
Tanaka powder is ground from the bark of the Tanaka tree, which is mainly found in Myanmar and Thailand. It has been used there for a long time as a natural beauty product.
In Myanmar, Tanaka is traditionally used as a powder for the purpose of sunscreen, but it has various other benefits for the skin, from cleaning pores to anti-aging action.
Research has shown it to have various actions – among them, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, tyrosinase inhibitory and antibacterial actions. It’s also shown to be safe to use on the skin.
Today, for the purpose of brightening the skin in autumn, we will introduce the brightening mask made with Tanaka Powder and RICE FORCE Treatment Oil “KU“!
Brightening mask with Tanaka powder and RICE FORCE oil
How to make & use
- Place 1 tbsp of Tanaka powder into a bowl
- Add 1 teaspoon of warm water (or rose water).
- Mix together
- Add 1 pump of RICE FORCE Treatment Oil “KU” to 3 and mix until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Avoiding the mouth and eyes, apply the paste evenly over the whole face with dampened fingers, then leave for about 10 to 15 minutes. Dry and rinse with warm water.
- If your skin is not sensitive and you want to add a scent, you can use the RICE FORCE Treatment Oil “SEI” instead.
- Applying with wet fingers makes the paste easier to adhere to the skin.
My personal feeling is that that while the skin tightens and dries during this mask, the complexion not only feels brighter and tighter afterward but also smooth and hydrated, thanks to the moisturizing effect of the oil.
Please note – This mask is not endorsed by RICE FORCE but is instead Rikyu’s original beauty care.