The “Twelve Days of Christmas” bath bomb
“The twelve days of Christmas Bath Bomb” I would like to introduce today was chosen for the jury special award in the “Aroma & Herb Craft Contest” at the “Aroma & Herb Expo 2018” held in Tokyo on December 7th – 8th, 2018.
This is a creation on the theme of a “gift for Christmas”.
The Twelve Days of Christmas bath bomb
- A (Baking soda 40g, Citric acid 20g, Epsom salt 10g, Cornflower 10g
- 12 Essential oils – 5 drops each (Rose, Jasmine, Neroli, Geranium, Lavender, Roman Chamomile, Orange, Frankincense, Rosemary, Pepermint, Eucalyptus, Pine)
- 12 dry herbs – 1tbs each or 1 slice of orange (Rose, Jasmine, Neroli, Borage, Lavender, Roman Chamomile, Orange, Frankincense, Rosemary, Pepermint, Eucalyptus, Pine)
- Spray bottle of purified water
- Others: Scales, large bowl for mixing, spoon, small bowl for preparation, snow-shaped mould
- Weigh out all of A
- Take 1 tbs of each herb
- Put all of A into a bowl and mix well by spraying with water.
- Put 5 drops of essential oils and 1/3 of the herbs into the bowl and stir well with more water spray.* Use Borage herb when using Geranium essential oil
- Add another 1/3 of herbs until the whole begins to solidify.
- When putting the materials in the mould first add one-third of herbs, tamp down with a spoon firmly then add all the remaining herbs, so that the fabric fits tightly in the mould.
※ When filling the mould with the dough, putting the herbs in at the beginning means they will show on the surface of the final product.
- Put the bath bombs into a small organza bag to avaid scattering the herbs into bathtub.
- Before using, it can also be used as a Christmas ornament!
Here is the footage! (Sorry it’s in Japanese!)
I want a close friend who is struggling hard with work and parenting to relax their mind and body with differently-scented bath bombs, and have a fun and pleasurable “me time” to enjoy!
Since the twelve bath bombs are made of different fragrances and herbs, I would like each one to be used during the 12 day period from December 25 to January 5, a time which is recognised as both the Christmas celebration period in Christianity for the year’s consolidation, and to wish for a good New Year ahead.
“The twelve days of Christmas” is a Christmas holiday period in Christianity that blesses the 12 days after the Christmas festive season.
There is a Christmas carol called ” The Twelve Days of Christmas ” named after this, but I discovered that there are various interpretations for this lyric, with both religious implications and for ambitions and hopes up to the next Christmas .
In honour of this, this idea for bath bombs came to my mind as a way gifts with an aromatic experience aid both physical and mental health for the upcoming year.
Therefore, I expressed the 12 months of the year in each bath bomb with 12 essential oils and herbs.
1．Pine … The evergreen pine tree is a symbol of the New Year in Japan, to wish for longevity and health. It helps to uplift the soul and restore energy.
2．Eucalyptus … February is a season of risk for colds and infections such as flu. With Eucalyptus’ power it helps to repel viruses and keep us healthy.
3．Neroli … March is the transition from winter to spring. Neroli can help to release depressed feelings and lighten the heart.
4．Geranium … For the coming of spring geranium, together with Borage herbs, will make your skin beautiful.
5．Peppermint … Refresh your mind and body in the fresh green season. Peppermint helps to ease fatigue.
6．Rose … June is the best season for Damascus rose. With the power of the flower queen’s love, you can regain happiness!
7．Lavender … Seasonal summer lavender aids mental and physical pain and brings balance. Use on New Year’s Eve to reset the body and mind.
8．Jasmine … Jasmine is a symbol of the midsummer night’s scent. Why not bless the New Year with Jasmine, celebrating the joy of life? It brings us passion and love, giving us hope to live!
9．Roman chamomile … September is the change from summer to autumn, the season of fluctuation in both mind and body. Roman chamomile soothes tension and stress and calms negative feelings.
10．Orange … Orange aroma in autumn will improve the function of the digestive system. It improves circulation and helps detoxification.
11．Rosemary … November is when winter begins, so warm your body with rosemary to aid your metabolism. It is also effective for improving concentration.
12．Frankincense … In the Bible stories Frankincense was presented at the birth of Christ. It cleanses the soul, brings peace to the heart, and gives vitality for the new year.
※ In addition, this is also published on the Aroma & Herb Expo 2018 official website.